As the annual PRSA International and PRSSA National conferences approach, I’ve been getting a lot of questions (primarily from students) about how and what to do to network. I’ll be presenting/speaking about this at Southeast Missouri State University’s PRSSA chapter meeting tomorrow and wanted to share a round-up of articles I’ve found insightful over the years. Some of these are a few years old so you please ignore any geographic or time-specific references–the content itself provides valuable tips.
Recommended reading, in no particular order:
- 10 Conference Networking Tips: From Sessions to Elevators (via PRSSA)
- How to Use Social Media at National Conference (via PRSSA)
- 5 Networking Tips for Conferences (via Boston University’s PRSSA chapter)
- What PR students should do over summer break (yes, it says over the summer, but check out tips 3-7–by yours truly)
- 12 Tips to Improve Your Networking Skills (via PR News)
- PR Industry Conferences: Connecting, Networking, Mentoring (via BurrellesLuce)
- Future PR Pros: Here Are Tips for Networking in College (via Shift Communications)
- Your Career and You: Are You Social Enough? (by Kirk Hazlett)
Have additional thoughts, tips, suggested reading? SHARE, please!